Thursday, August 17, 2006

Welcome to Soggy Doggie!

One of my top five favorite subjects is dogs. This blog is dedicated to all those who share their lives with dogs and to all those who are curious about canines, put up your feet and stay for a while. Get soaked with Soggy Doggie's The Shake, where I will be posting lists of the latest dog books. Catch some targeted lists of book recommendations and read reviews on canine products. Nab valuable tips in our Treat of the Week mini-blog. There's a lot of stuff to do around here! So if you really want to get wet, stick around. You'll get used to that soggie doggie smell.

My name is Carolyn and I've spent most of my life with (mostly mixed breed or mutt) dogs. Before I got my own dog right after I got married, I researched the Internet, read breed books and spent time talking to dog trainers, breeders, dog rescues and handlers and attended a few dog shows. When I got my puppy, a spunky Sheltie, I was on cloud nine. We did puppy kindergarten and we got briefly involved in agility. Sadly, five years later my beautiful dog passed away. It's been about a year and a half since, and about three months ago I started to get the itch again -- to add a dog to our family. This time, however, my husband and I have a three-year-old son.

I'll take you through my renewed research (much has changed since I researched six-seven years ago!) and help you find the right dog for you. If you already own a dog, you'll find tips and book recommendations. I'm a big believer in the informed consumer. I'll also keep you posted on my journey in finding the right pet for our family.


Photo courtesy of Coulsey

No comments: